How to Pay Your Taxes Online
1. You choose whether you want to pay via your bank account or via debit card, credit card or PayPal
2. When you go to make your payment, make sure it is paid under the primary taxpayer’s SSN.
3. “Reason for Payment” – normally this will be “Balance Due” but you need to make sure you are choosing the correct reason based on your situation (ex: if you are paying estimated taxes, etc.)
4. “Apply Payment To” – choose “Income Tax – Form 1040”
5. “Tax Period for Payment” – choose from the drop-down the year you are paying
You will then be prompted to answer more questions to verify your identity. Remember to enter only the primary taxpayer’s information if you file a joint tax return.
We collect nonpublic personal information about you that is provided by you or obtained by Marc Lewis & Associates with your authorization. This information may come from various sources, including information we receive from personal interviews, tax organizers, worksheets and other documents necessary to provide professional services to you. Marc Lewis & Associates does not disclose any nonpublic personal information about their clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted or required by law, or when necessary to process transactions requested by a client. Marc Lewis & Associates restricts access to nonpublic personal information about you to members of our firm who need to know that information in order to provide you professional services. We retain records relating to the professional services that we provide you in accordance with accounting and government standards. Marc Lewis & Associates employs physical, electronic, and procedural security safeguards to protect your nonpublic personal information.
Your confidence and trust are important to us. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy of your nonpublic personal information, please contact our office during normal business hours.